Thursday, January 22, 2009

On the Road Again....

Over the last few years, I've gotten into running not only for exercise but also for some "me" time. As our family has gotten larger and demands for my time have gotten even larger, I've found this "me" time to be even more valuable than ever. Unfortunately, it's much more difficult to squeeze into my schedule. I ran the Charlottesville Women's Four Miler in September and have done so for the past three years. It has been a great motivation for me to keep up my running throughout the week. Here are a few photos from last year's race:




The race was a lot of fun and I raised some money for breast cancer research in the process. Unfortunately, after the four miler, I slacked off and got out of the routine of running. My goal had been accomplished and I no longer had a motivation. So, I decided it was time to sign up for another race to get me back into the swing of things. So, on Valentine's Day, I will run in the Amnesty International Valentine's Day 5K. I've started running again and have been going to the gym on a regular basis. I'm sure the race will be alot of fun but for now, I'm just grateful that it has given me the motivation to give myself some "me" time. Stay tuned -- I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments: