Welcome to the Skinner Family Blog. I'm hoping that this will serve as a means of communication with family and friends that we don't get to see as nearly as we would like. In addition, I like the thought of preserving some memories along the way. As our oldest daughter, Madison just turned 5 last month, I'm reminded that our life here on earth is merely a vapor (James 4:14).
Speaking of memories, one of our favorite family memories so far was our trip to Cancun. It's hard to believe that this time last year, we were there! Here are a few pictures from our trip.

The guy taking this picture spoke absolutely no English. And we speak very little Spanish. Turned out pretty good nonetheless. Julia is actually in this picture, you just can't see her. ( I was about 5 months pregnant)

Shannon is forever doing whatever "Sissy" does. I wonder if he'll ever outgrow that??

The kids loved watching the cooks at the Japanese steak house and the food was GREAT!

There wasn't much beach there. Many of the resorts were still rebuilding from past hurricanes.

Madison and Shannon had a blast swimming with daddy!



Madison got chosen to assist the magician in the "magic" show. I know you probably can't see in this picture, but she's holding a tiny bunny. (She's terrified of animals.)
It was a great trip and Madison still asks on a semi-regular basis, "When are we going back to Cancun?" Maybe one day we'll go back and let Julia see all that she missed the first trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment