Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten Bound

Today was Maidson's first day of Kindergarten. She was VERY excited and got herself dressed in record time. She fixed her own lunch last night and packed her own lunchbox this morning.




She couldn't wait to walk down the street to the bus stop but I convinced her to let me take one picture on the porch before we left.


When the bus pulled up, she could hardly contain her excitement. As she approached the door, she hesitated for one second. As she looked back at me, I could see a hint of anxiety on her face. But Mommy stayed strong and confidently reassured her that she would be OK. It must have been all she needed because at that point, she proceeded up the stairs of that big yellow bus stopping only long enough for one last picture. Through the lens of my camera, I could see a big smile on her face and THAT was exactly what mommy needed.

No comments: